CELEBRITIES TEAM UP WITH CONTESTANTS ON EPISODE 3
The only thing better being stuck on an exotic island with a bunch of hotties with all the laze time to bask in the sun sipping on bubbles before heading out for some adventurous playtime, is indeed getting to watch them battle it out on a fun South African television show. Except, they do more than down shots…
And on episode three of Tropika Island of Treasure S8, things shifted into a new gear as celebrities were paired up with contestants. This comes after a series of knock out challenges during which contestants battled each other to emerge on top; giving them ample opportunity to display their game to the celebrities.
But, to get the contestant they wanted, the celebrities needed to be put to the test in challenges which tested both their physical and puzzle-solving capabilities.
After coming out tops, Brendan Peyper picked Durban-born Lisanne Lazarus as his teammate. Runner-up Melinda Bam went for South African swimmer Kelly Gunnell. Hot boy Nay Maps completed the hot boy squad when he chose Rudi Witkowsky.
Having finished in the fourth place, fitness and health influencer Sbahle Mpisane picked Nondu Mabizela, while Khanya Mkangisa went for Mpande Buthelezi. The final two saw Karabo Mogane pick Lihle Ngubo which meant that the final team consists of Tumi Voster and Mark-Anthony Bingham
The winning pair will be battling it out for a grand R1 million.
Tropika Island Season 8 (7 Facts)
- Award-winning Television presenter Katlego Maboe is the season’s host.
- The show is filmed in the Maldives
- Celebrities: Khanya Mkangisa, Brendan Peypar, Sbahle Mpisane, Nay Maps, Tumi Voster, Melinda Bam and Karabo Mogane
- Contestants: Lihle Ngubo, Lisanne Lazarus, Mpande Buthelezi, Nondu Mabizela, Rudi Witkowsky, Kelly Gunnell, Mark-Anthony Bingham.
- The winning pair will share a grand prize of R1 million
- The official hashtag: #TIOT8
- The show airs Mondays at 7:30 PM on SABC 3
Have you been watching this season? Connect with us in the comments section below!