Donald came out to oversee his guest judging duties alongside resident judges Randall, Unathi and Somizi as the Idols South Africa season 12 audition kicked off in Cape Town.
Aspirant hopeful came out in droves to try and win over the judges with their vocals at the GrandWest Casino.
They too want to touch the success enjoyed by previous contestants on the show’s, some from who’s exposure they’ve managed to build incredible careers in the industry. One such success story is Amanda Black, who’s debut album hit platinum within 6 weeks of release.
Who’s excited for the next season?
10 Fun Facts About Bonang Revealed On Tropika Smoooth Fan
Fans uncover interesting facts about their fave Bonang Matheba. Here’s 10 Things you might have not known about Bonang
There’s nothing quite like finding Bonang Matheba in the hot seat to spill more tea about herself!
And the Queen B, who typically keeps the most intimate details of her life away from the public, was more than willing to open up as she embarked on a hunt for a die hard fan on the latest Tropika Smoooth Fan episode.
Viewers at home were able to unearth some pretty interesting fact about the Television Presenter during the live Quiz Show.
Four ‘smoooth’ celebrity fans were chosen out of thousands to compete in a variety of interactive games and ultimately Dianetse Letsika proved she was Bonang’s smooothest fan.
Dianetse won prizes to the value of R23 000 and will now move on to compete in the final alongside the smooothest fans of the other celebrity contestants in the hopes of winning R250 000 cash and a Honda Amaze.
These Are Some Of The Exciting Things We Learned About Bonang Matheba On Tropika Smoooth Fan:
- Bonang was born and raised in the beautiful city of Mafikeng.
- Her middle name is Dorothy.
- Mo’ghel is the proud sister to two brothers.
- Her family calls the star by her nickname Mafanda.
- Before she became a powerhouse in the entertainment industry, Bonang wanted to be a teacher.
- Viewers fell in love with Bonang from her very first gig. She hosted the popular SABC 1 music show ‘Live’. The platform essentially catapulted her into superstardom and the presenter went on to present a range of television shows like the popular magazine show ‘Top Billing’.
- In the early days of Bonang’s career, she ventured into the world of YouTube with an exciting online reality show titled B*Dazzled.
- Fashion has always been something Bonang has been passionate about. While she’s worn some incredible outfits throughout her career, the star has also had a few of her own ranges – namely Baby Star, her bag range, Distraction, an underwear line for Woolworths, and Bonang By Bonang, a T-shirt range which was launched earlier this year.
- Bonang has had an incredible rise to fame and shared her story in the best-selling autobiography ‘From A to B’ which was released last year.
- The star wears a size five shoe.
The show airs Fridays at 6PM, on SABC 3.
Yanga Wins Idols SA Season 14!
The 17-year-old on Sunday became one of the youngest contestants to bag the title
The race between Yanga and Thato came to a dazzling conclusion tonight when 17-year-old Yanga snatched victory to become South Africa’s next superstar.
Mzansi collectively held its breath as millions of eyeballs trained on host Proverb, crossing fingers for their favourite to be named the SA Idols Season 14 winner. Yanga, who becomes the second consecutive teenage girl from the Western Cape to win the title after last year’s Paxton, becomes an instant millionaire thanks to a staggeringly awesome prize package that includes a record deal, car and a myriad of other glamorous prizes.
“I can’t put into words how I feel right now, but I can say it in song,” said a shell-shocked Yanga a few seconds after her name was called, before bursting into a gratitude chorus.
Her runner-up, Thato, gave her a warm congratulatory hug and thanked Mzansi for the immerse support. And what support South Africa has shown, with a season record of 142 million votes, surpassing the targeted 100 million that Proverb had set in the beginning of the season.
After gruelling months of sweat, blood and tears, tonight was a two-hour celebration of a great season that saw some of the youngest contestants on the Idols stage in a while.
Game of Thrones Final Season Set To Premier in April 2019!
The End is Near…
After months of mounting anticipation – and a whole year of playing around with possible finale plot twists amongst avid fans – the hotly anticipated eighth and final season of Game of Thrones finally has a date!
HBO on Tuesday confirmed that Throners can expect the epic wrap up of the world’s biggest television series in sometime in April, 2019.
HBO accompanied the announcement with an epic promo for the final season, which features some of the most iconic moments in the show’s groundbreaking 7 seasons. While there’s no official word yet on when the show will be airing in South Africa, we know M-Net had previously confirmed they would be airing the final season Express from the US, as usual.