- News struck the music industry and country at large that Skwattakamp rapper Flabba, real name Nkululeko Habedi, has been killed.
- Celebrities and the general public take to social media and other public platforms to express their shock and grief at the unfortunate development.
- According to news reports, police reveal that the rapper’s 25 year old girlfriend has been arrested in connection with the murder. At this point, her name could not be released.
- The police also reveal that Flabba was murdered at 2 am on the 9th of March. The murder took place in Alexandra township, 2 hours after the incident. His body was said to have been removed at around 8 am from the scene.
- As rife speculation around the details of the tragic murder continued to fuel outrage in the press, the police confirmed that he was indeed stabbed in the heart once in his room.
- His brother Tshepang poured his heart on how he had to watch his brother die, while his cousin, Luyanda Habedi, had tried performing CPR to stop blood flowing from the wound.
- We found out later in the day that an argument had been overheard between Flabba and the girlfriend before the stabbing. While the argument had concerned those who had heard, a close friend said that they did not expect the situation to be deadly.
- We also found out that Flabba’s last performance happened the night before at a night club in Sandton.
10 March 2015
- The girlfriend’s identity was finally disclosed as Sindisiwe Manqele.
- We also learn that the 25 year old Manqele is a student based in Dublin Ireland, and had been in SA for a study break.
- We find out at this point that she might have attempted suicide after killing Flabba using a beer bottle to slit her writes, eye witnesses testified.
- She pleads not guilty in the murder charge, citing self defence.
14 March 2015
- The suspect appeared at the Alexandra magistrate court where she had applied for bail in this day.
- She is granted R10 000 bail
- Manqele appeared at the Alexandra magistrate court where she applied for bail today.
8 September 2015
- The court learns that Manqele, Flabba and the cousin Mpho Motshoare had been smoking marijuana in the lead up to the murder, exposing the veracity of Motshoare’s witness testimony into question.
- The trial continues.